Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler

I absolutely love the way this video is set up. It is such a creative way to capture our attention, but honestly watching these videos about the same thing are getting a bit old. I feel like all of the videos are starting to repeat themselves, and it is getting boring.

I thought the question, "Why does the networked student even need a teacher?", was interesting. I feel like teachers are most definitely needed because blogs are great, but just like the video said, they are people's opinions, not facts. This is why I don't really like blogging unless it is a teacher giving information to their students, or someone update people on what is going on in their lives. People can write anything they want, so I am very weary about trusting blogs, I just take the information with a grain of salt.

Teachers are needed to guide and direct their students in the right direction. It's good to know that our teacher is there to answer our questions and help us when we need it. Also, I think that having a Personal Learning Network will help prepare me to be able to teach students who also have a Personal Learning Network. Overall, this was a good and informative video.

No comments:

Post a Comment