Friday, October 2, 2009

Using iPods in Instruction

When searching online for using iPods in instruction I came across this website, which is actually a PDF form, but has some really great information on it. It talks about how useful iPods in the classroom would be for the students because they already use iTunes often for music, and it would be super conveinent to be able to put the lecture on ancient Roman ruins, for example, and skip to the part you were confused about. It would be absolutely fantastic! This is the website: http://www.principalspartnership.com/iPods.pdf

I also read the Duke University report on using iPods in instruction. I loved it! I think it is fantastic that they gave 1600 incoming freshman in 2004 20GB iPods. The best part about it is they ACTUALLY used the iPods in many of their courses during that school year! I think it is wonderful to use something that this generation is so incredibly confortable using, and allowing it to be a productive tool to help us in school. I really think it is amazing that iTunes has developed iTunesU, and I believe it will be an amazingly useful tool in the future, the more popular it becomes. I believe iPods are a great way to help students in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment