Friday, August 21, 2009

My Reaction to "Mr Winkle Wakes"

Mr. Winkle Wakes was interesting at the beginning of this short video. It is definitely true how much times have changed over the last 100 years. The technology in offices and hospitals has increased much over the years to say the least. There are computers and machines everywhere today. As the video progressed to Mr. Winkle going into a school and being comfortable because it was the same as it was 100 years ago, I thought what was being said was simply not completely true.

Schools today are steadily increasing the amount of technology they use with the children. When I went to LSU, I tutored at a local public school, and it was full of computers for the teachers and children to use, as well as SMART Boards for the teachers to use to teach the children. Schools are realizing that students' need much more stimulation that a chalkboard to get and keep their attention. In my opinion and many others, kids' brains today are programed differently than they were years ago before TV and video games. Children require much more stimulation or they get bored. I know more schools would use technology if they had the funding, but I believe slowly they will all get the technology they need to teach the kids' productively. So overall, I was not thrilled with the video Mr. Winkle Wakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment