Friday, August 21, 2009

My thoughts on "Did You know?"

To start off, I absolutely love random facts. This video was right up my alley. It captured my undivided attention after the first 30 seconds. I had no idea that "China will soon become the number one English speaking country in the world." As fact after fact came across my computer screen, I became more interested in what would be coming up next. At first I had problems keeping up with all the facts. Truthfully, I had to watch the video twice and I still do not remember many of the facts.

This video was incredibly fascinating. It made me think back to when my family first got a cell phone, computer, and when the Internet became a staple in my home. After each random fact I would think about how it related to me. For example, the facts about the Google search engine, and how many search are done on it monthly. In 2006 I was in my first year of college, going into second year, and that was the time when I really began using Google, and now I use Google many times a day. I see how there could be 31 billion searches in a month on Google today, as opposed to the 2.27 billion in 2006. This was an extremely informative video that I feel I could watch many times before I finally grasp all the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment