Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Response to "It's Not about the Technology"

I thought Kelly Hines blog was extremely inciteful and true. I definitely agree with her. Technology is important, but it is not all about the technology. I loved her points about teaching, teachers most definitely have to be learners, learning and teachning are not the same thing, and technology is without a doubt useless without good teaching. These are all extremely good points that I completely agree with 100%!

I feel like many teachers today have technology in their classroom but do not use it properly, and they waste so much time figuring out how to work it when it doesn't work. Technology can be a wonderful thing if it is used properly by a good teacher, but definitly does not substitute for good teaching. Last semester I observed a teacher who had a SMARTboard in her classroom, and she used it really well. It was not distracting in the slighest bit. She took classes to teach her how to use it properly, and it was evident. She was not only a good teacher, but used technology in a way that benefited her students. I feel the biggest problem with technology is that it waste's too much time if teachers do not know how to use it properly. I completely agree with Kelly and her blog was absolutely wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment