Sunday, September 27, 2009

What I've Learned This Year by Mr. McClung

I responded to Mr. McClungs' blog, and it can be found on his blog at: http://attheteachersdesk.blogspot.com/2009/05/what-i-learned-this-year.html

I thought the blog posted by Mr. McClung was wonderful! It was so refreshing hearing good advice from a new teacher. Advice from teachers who have been teaching a while is awesome, but to hear from someone who has only been teaching for one year is great. I thought his blog was extremely eye-opening. I was reminded that it is all about the students. My lessons need to be geared to them. This may seem obvious, but I think it is too easy to get consumed by just making it a productive lesson, and not think about the students and how they will get it.

I truly want to make a different in the lives of my future students. I want them to know that I care about them. I loved that one of Mr. McClungs' students wrote and told him that they really felt like he cared about them. I want to be like that when I am a teacher. I want to be a great teacher and I want my students to know I truly care about each and every one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment