Sunday, September 13, 2009

My thoughts on Karl Fisch: "Is It Ok to Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?"

I am completely amazed by Mr. Fisch! His post is great! I totally agree with him. The thing that amazed me the most was when Mr. Fisch said, 80% of the parents that came to conferences, at least 1 of them said they were never good at math. I am actually sitting at the beach right now visiting with a lady who does this to her children OFTEN! Last semester I tutored her daughter in math, and I cannot tell you how many times I heard her say that she has never been any good at math. This happened while I was sitting at her kitchen table with her daughter! No telling how many times she said it when I wasn't there! It's completely crazy!

I agree with Mr. Fisch, it's almost like people are proud of the fact that they are illiterate about some things. I learned so much reading this post. I definitely don't want to be an technologically illiterate teacher. I want to be the best teacher I can possibly be! Truly, his post was extremely eye opening! I cannot wait to share it with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment