Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Reflections on 3 EDM 310 Podcasts

"Reflections on The Last Lecture of Randy Pausch": I did not like how the instructor did the introduction to the podcast, the students should have done that. I loved how the students introduced who they were and where they were from. It was evident they each picked parts of The Last Lecture to discuss. I really liked that. It was clear that the first girl that spoke read directly from her piece of paper, she was boring. If you read from your paper, I believe it is important to add personality into your paper. It did not sound like the other two people read from something, they just simply were having a conversation about what they thought. I really enjoyed it.

"Should All Teachers Be Technologically Literate?": Yet again I did not like how Dr. Strange did the introduction to the podcast, I think it would have been better had the students done it. Oh my goodness, someone coughed into the microphone and hurt my ears, that should have definitely been cut out of the podcast! I feel the students in this podcast is right about the fact that teachers should be as technologically literate as they possibly can. It is important to keep up with the times. Honestly, this podcast was quite boring to me.

"Useful Websites for Educators, BW0414W": The topic of this podcast is extremely boring. I am realizing how important the topic is for a making a podcast. Also, there is background noise that is extremely distracting during this podcast. These girls have nice voices to listen to, just the topic was boring to me. Listening to these podcasts have definitely helped me realize what I should and should not do for my podcast. They were extremely helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment