Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My response to "Changing the way we think"

While reading "Changing the way we think", I began thinking how technology and Google has changed the way I think. It is really a fascinating thought. When I was younger I use to be a cracker jack with math facts, now I need a calculator. I definitely believe technology is changing the way we think and act.

When I am looking up something on the Google search engine, I look for quick easy facts to read. If the thing I am looking for happens to be in a long paragraph, I either move on and look for something in bullet form, or skim the paragraph. When I was younger, I would have to go to the library, and read many books to find what I need. Today, I can find out almost anything I need to know with a few clicks of my mouse and a couple of minutes. It required a lot less thinking and searching. I definitely think technology is a good thing, but there are also downsides to it. I have to work to keep my brain sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment